Second Clinical Experience (ILAS 301)
ILAS 301 has two parts.
Clinical Observations: Thirty total clock hours of observation in a high school where candidates observe primarily within their discipline and are expected to be an active participant in the classroom.
Seminars: Eight class sessions where candidates hear from local public school teachers and administrators and participate in small-group discussions around lessons that relate to their observations.
Primary Goals of ILAS 301:
- Allow candidates to interact with students in a more active manner
- Introduce candidates to strategies for addressing the diverse learning needs of students within their content area
- Allow students an opportunity to engage in real world problem solving of challenges they see in their observations.
- Introduce candidates to the process of lesson planning
- Provide students with an overview of the edTPA process.
Sample Seminar topics:
- Differentiation and Assessment
- Resumes, Interviews and Applications
- Lesson Planning
- Motivating the Unmotivated Student
Download the application (in your preferred format). Save a copy for your own records.
Zulauf Hall 215