Lichuan Liu, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology (2006)
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (1998)
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (1995)
- Digital signal processing
- Real-time signal processing
- Active noise control
- Wireless communications
- Wireless sensor networks
- Noise Reduction for ICU by Using Advanced Active Noise Control System, NIU Summer Research and Artistry Grant
- Reducing Noise for Critical Patient Care by Using Active Noise Control Technology, NIU Great Journey Assistantship Grant
- Wireless Communication Integrated Active Noise Reduction System, NSF
- New Hearing Impairment Prevention and Monitoring System for Incubator Newborns, sponsored by Gerber Foundation
- Designing the Female-Friendly 'Introduction to Engineering Course' for Expanding Women's Opportunities in Engineering, sponsored by Engineering Information Foundation
Lichuan, Liu, "Method and system for wireless positioning and location determination," USSN Provisional 61/060,897-Filed 6-12-08 (Pending)
- U.S. 9,247,346, “Apparatus, System and Method for Noise Cancellation and Communication for Incubator and Related Devices”
- US 2013/020467, “Wireless communication integrated ANC system for infant incubators ”-Liu and Kuo and Liu, April 2016
- US 9,542,924B2 “Apparatus, System and Method for Noise Cancellation and Communication for Incubator and Related Devices”- Kuo and Liu, Jan. 2017
Professional Associations and Honors
- Innovation Recognition, NIU Research and Innovation Partnerships (2015)
- Nominee, ASEE IL/IN Section Teacher of the Year (2015)
- Innovation Recognition, NIU Research and Innovation Partnerships (2014)
- Nominee, NIU College of Engineering and Engineering Technology Faculty of the Year (2013)
- Best Paper Finalist, IEEE Conference on Networking, Sensing and Control (2013)
- Outstanding Mentor Award, NIU Presidential Commission on the Status of Women (2013)
- Faculty of the Year for Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching, College of Engineering and Engineering Technology, NIU (2012)
forElectrical and Electronics Engineers, (IEEE), Senior Member (2011)
- Sigma Xi, Full Member
- NSF Fellowship for Summer Institute (2008)
- IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering, Best Conference Paper Finalist, Washington, DC (August 2008)
- NSF Fellowship for WISE (2008)
- Who's Who in American Education (2007)
- IEEE Sarnoff Symposium Best Student Poster (2005)
- IEEE WOCC Best Student Paper Award (2005)
- IEEE ISCNC Best Student Paper Finalist (2005)
- Graduate Student Achievement Award, NJIT (2003)
- CIE Presentation Contest Award (2002)
- Z. Jiang, Y. Zhu, M. Zhou, M. Zuba, J. Cui, L. Liu, "Underwater Acoustic Networks with a String Topology – Theory Analysis and Practical Issues in Sea Experiments," accepted by International Journal of Intelligent Control and Systems, 2014.
- L. Liu, K. Beemanpally and S. Kuo, “Application of Multi-channel Hybrid Active Noise Control Systems for Infant Incubators,” Noise Control Engineering Journal, Vol. 61, No. 2, March-April, 2013, pp.1-11.
- L. Liu, K. Beemanpally and S. Kuo, “Real-time experiments of ANC systems for infant incubator,” Noise Control Engineering Journal, Vol. 60, No. 1, Jan-Feb, 2012, pp36-41.
- L. Liu, "An Efficient Non-stationary Jammer Filtering Method for Spread Spectrum Conditioning," accepted for publication in the International Journal of Intelligent Control and Systems.
- L. Liu and M. E, "Improve the positioning Accuracy for Wireless Sensor Nodes by Data Fusion," International Journal of Intelligent Control and Systems, Vol 16, No. 3, pp. 181-189, September 2011.
- L. Liu, S.
Kuoand K. Raghuathan, "An Audio Integrated Motorcycle Helmet," Low FrequencyNoise, Vibration and Active Control Journal, Vol 29, No 3, pp. 161-170, September 2010.
- L. Liu and H. Ge, "Differential Space-Time Block Coding Scheme and its Performance Study for Cooperative Relays in Wireless Sensor Networks," accepted for publication in EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing.
- L. Liu, S. Kuo and K.
Raghuathan, "Active Noise Control for Motorcycle Helmet," International Journal on Signal Processing, No. 2, pp. 103-108, June 2010.
- S. Kuo, L.
Liuand S. Gujjula, "Development and Application of Audio-Integrated ANC System for Infant Incubators," Noise Control Engineering Journal, Vol. 58, No. 2, pp. 163-175, Mar-April 2010.
- L. Liu, Z. Wang and M. Zhou, "Space-Time-Block-Code Based Cooperative Routing for Wireless Sensor Networks," International Journal of Intelligent Control and Systems, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 213-220, September 2009.
- L. Liu S. Gujjula, P. Thanigai and S. Kuo, ``Still in Womb: Intrauterine Acoustic Embedded Active Noise Control for Infant Incubators,'' in Advances in Acoustics and Vibration, Special Issue on Active Noise Control,
June,2008, Article ID 495317.
- Z. Wang, L. Liu, M. Zhou and N. Ansari, ``A Position-Based Clustering Technique for Ad-hoc Inter-vehicle Communication,'' IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics--Part C: Applications and Reviews, Vol. 38 No. 2, pp. 201--208, March 2008.
- L. Liu, K.
Beemanpallyand S. Kuo, "Real-time experiments of ANC systems for infant incubator," Noise Control Engineering Journal, Vol. 60, No. 1, Jan-Feb, 2012.
- Department of Electrical Engineering, NIU (2007-present)
- SeekTech Company (2006-2007)
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology (2001-2006)
College of Engineering and Engineering Technology
590 Garden Rd, DeKalb, IL