Veysel Demir, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Syracuse University (2004)
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Syracuse University (2002)
- Computational electromagnetics
- RF and Microwave circuits
- Antennas and arrays
- Chiral materials
- Microwave Imaging
- "Design of a Handheld RFID Reader," funded by QEMTEK Communications and Consulting, Inc.
- "Theoretical Investigation on the Use of Microwave Imaging for Bone Densitometry," funded by Polar Technology Development Centre Ind. Trade Inc.
Professional Associations and Honors
- Member of SigmaXi (2010-present)
- Member of Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES) (2004-present)
- Member of IEEE (2000-present)
ReneissanceScholarship Award (2000-2004)
- Mohamed Bakr, Atef Z. Elsherbeni and Veysel Demir, "Adjoint Sensitivity Analysis of High Frequency Structures with MATLAB," SciTech Publishing (2017).
- Veysel Demir, "Formulations for Modling Voltage Sources with RLC Impedences in the FDTD Method," Journal of the Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES), vol. 31, no. 9, pp. 1020-1027, September 2016.
- Veysel Demir and Atef Z. Elsherbeni, "The Finite-Difference Time-Domain Method for Electromagnetics with MATLAB Simulations," (ACES Series on Computational Electromagnetics and Engineering) 2nd Edition, SciTech Publishing (2015).
- Veysel Demir, "Graphics Processor Unit (GPU) acceleration of Finite-Difference Frequency-Domain (FDFD) method," Progress in Electromagnetics Research M, vol. 23, pp. 29-51, 2012.
- Veysel Demir and Atef Z. Elsherbeni, "Programming Finite-Difference Time-Domain for Graphics Processor Units Using Compute Unified Device Architecture," 2010 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and CNC-USNC/URSI Radio Science Meeting, Toronto, ON Canada, July 11-17, 2010.
- Veysel Demir and Atef Z. Elsherbeni, "Compute Unified Device Architecture (CUDA) Based Finite-Difference Time-Domain (FDTD) Implementation," Journal of the Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES), vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 303-314, April 2010.
- Veysel Demir, "A Stacking Scheme to Improve the Efficiency of Finite-Difference Time-Domain Solutions on Graphics Processing Units," Journal of the Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES), vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 323-330, April 2010.
- Department of Electrical Engineering, NIU (2007-present)
- Electrical Engineering Department, University of Mississippi (2004-2007)
- Sonnet Software, Inc. Liverpool, NY (2000-2004)
- Pamukbank, Software Development Department, Istanbul, Turkey (1997-2000).
Other Significant Projects/Interests
Finite Difference Time Domain Technique; Finite Difference Frequency Domain Technique; Electromagnetic simulation of chiral materials; Interactions and visualization of electromagnetic waves with human body using the FDFD technique; Microstrip and stripline circuits analysis and design; Microstrip antenna analysis and design; Wideband antenna array analysis and design.
College of Engineering and Engineering Technology
590 Garden Rd, DeKalb, IL