Skip navigation


Memberships are available for family and spouses, partners in a civil union, domestic partners or dependents of current NIU students, faculty/staff, alumni, retirees and Campus Recreation community members. Spouses, partners in a civil union, domestic partners, and dependents must present their NIU OneCard to access the Student Recreation Center or Chick Evans Field House.

Spouse/Partner in Civil Union/Partner in a Domestic Partnership

Annual: $240

Valid for one year from date of purchase

Summer Semester 2017: $85

May 15 - August 27

Dependents (ages 17-24)

Annual: $240

Valid for one year from date of purchase

Summer Semester 2017: $85

May 15 - August 27

Family Bundle

Family bundles include two adult (17 and older) memberships and 1-4 child (16 and younger) memberships for one convenient price.

Annual: $600

Valid for one year from date of purchase

Summer Semester 2017: $210

May 15 - August 27

Child (ages 16 and under)

Child memberships are good for 1-4 children for one convenient price. Semester memberships are available for $50 per semester or $150 annually. Currently, these memberships can only be purchased at the Student Recreation Center.

Membership Policies for Minors

Please note that a parent or legal guardian must be a current member in order for a minor membership to be purchased. A parent or guardian must be present at all times while children are in the facility. Additionally, family hours and some usage restrictions apply to all children under the age of 16. Please see Recreation Center policies for more information.

One-time NIU OneCard Fee: $5

Family members, spouse, partner in a civil union and domestic partners must take their membership receipt to the NIU OneCard office within three business days of membership purchase to purchase a NIU OneCard. A new card will cost $5 and can only be purchased with cash or check. The OneCard office also requires a valid photo ID. The OneCard office is open Monday - Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 4 p.m. during the school year.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I payroll deduct my spouse, partner in a civil union, domestic partner, significant other, dependent or family membership?

No. Payroll deduction is available for NIU faculty and staff memberships only.

Where can I park when I come to work out?

The parking lots in front of both the Student Recreation Center and Chick Evans Field House are for persons with blue and yellow parking passes. Except for metered parking, permits are required to park on campus. All Campus Recreation members for the Student Recreation Center, Field House, and Gabel Pool must pick up a parking form at the Student Recreation Center Service Counter, and complete and submit it to Parking Services prior to purchasing a parking pass. There is a parking pass discount for Campus Recreation members.

Metered parking spaces are also available at the Student Recreation Center and are designated by large white signs. Anyone can park in the metered parking spots. Fees for metered spots are $.25 per 15 minutes, for up to two hours. The meter for the designated spots is located to the left of the front doors of the Student Recreation Center.

Parking along Stadium Drive East is for blue, yellow and brown permit parking. Lot K, located south of Stadium Drive, is designated for yellow, brown, and orange permit parking.

Visit Parking Services for more information and parking maps.

Can I bring in a guest?

Yes. Spouses, partners in a civil union, domestic partners and dependents with valid Campus Recreation memberships can sign in a guest. Your guest must be with you when purchasing a guest pass and must provide a valid photo ID. You will also be asked to show your valid OneCard. Guest passes are $8 for one calendar day or $60 for a 15-Visit Pass. By signing in a guest you are taking responsibility for their person while they are in Campus Recreation facilities.