Skip navigation

Faculty and Staff

Memberships are available for NIU faculty and staff. You must present your NIU OneCard for entrance to both the Student Recreation Center and the Chick Evans Field House. Payroll deduction is available for faculty and staff memberships.

Membership Options

Annual: $240

Valid for one year from date of purchase

Spring Semester 2017: $105

January 3 - May 13

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I purchase a membership for my family, spouse, partner in a civil union or domestic partner?

Yes. Memberships are available for family members, spouses, partners in a civil union, domestic partners, and/or dependents of faculty/staff.

Where can I park when I come to either the Student Recreation Center or Chick Evans Field House?

The parking lots in front of both the Student Recreation Center and Chick Evans Field House are for persons with blue and yellow parking passes. Except for metered parking, permits are required to park on campus. All Campus Recreation members for the Student Recreation Center, Field House, and Gabel Pool must pick up a parking form at the Student Recreation Center Service Counter, and complete and submit it to Parking Services prior to purchasing a parking pass. There is a parking pass discount for Campus Recreation members.

Metered parking spaces are also available at the Student Recreation Center and are designated by large white signs. Anyone can park in the metered parking spots. Fees for metered spots are $.25 per 15 minutes, for up to two hours. The meter for the designated spots is located to the left of the front doors of the Student Recreation Center.

Parking along Stadium Drive East is for blue, yellow and brown permit parking. Lot K, located south of Stadium Drive, is designated for yellow, brown, and orange permit parking.

Visit Parking Services for more information and parking maps.

I am taking classes this semester. Does that make me eligible for a student membership?

No. Faculty and staff taking classes on NIU campuses are not eligible for student privileges.

How do I cancel my payroll deduction?

To stop payroll deduction for a Campus Recreation membership, you must fill out a Stop/Start Payroll Deduction form on the Human Resource Services website. Please notify the Campus Recreation Office Support Specialist upon completion of the form.