Anyone needing special accommodations to participate in the NIU Board of Trustees meetings should contact Ellen Andersen, Director of Special Events (815) 753-1999, as soon as possible, normally a week before the scheduled meeting.
Academic Affairs, Student Affairs and Personnel Committee Meeting
Finance, Facilities and Operations Committee Meeting
Legislation, Audit and External Affairs Committee Meeting
BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF NORTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY
February 4, 2010
Board of Trustees Room
315 Altgeld Hall - Northern Illinois University
Academic Affairs, Student Affairs and Personnel Committee
(Expected to include presentation of proposals for Committee review and endorsement: Recommendations for Faculty and Supportive Professional Staff Sabbatical Leaves for the 2010-2011 Academic Year; Appointment of Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies; Request for a New Degree Program; Request for Degree Authority at Regional Sites; Requests for New Minors; Requests for New Emphases and a Specialization; Request to Delete a Degree Program; Request to Delete a Specialization; and Oral English Proficiency Annual Report 2008‑2009. For review and information: Faculty Reports on Sabbatical Leaves; Annual Report on the Outcomes of Sabbatical Leaves; College of Law Academic Excellence Fee; Off‑Campus Fees for Courses Associated with Certificates; and Undergraduate Regional Course Charges. Possibly other matters for discussion only.)
Finance, Facilities and Operations Committee
(Expected to include presentation of proposal for Committee review and endorsement: College of Law Academic Excellence FeeOff-Campus Fees for Courses Associated with CertificatesUndergraduate Regional Course Charges; Fiscal Year 2011 Athletic Sports Camp Housing and Meal Expenditure; Fiscal Year 2011 Copy Paper Contract Renewal – ITS Document Services and Materials ManagementFiscal Year 2011 Document Services Copier and Controller System Contract RenewalFiscal Year 2011 International Programs Division Expenditures; Fiscal Year 2011 Mass Transit Contract RenewalFiscal Year 2011 Materials Management Central Stores Commodities Contract Renewal - Clark Products, Inc.; Fiscal Year 2011 Materials Management Central Stores Commodities Contract Renewal - Edward Don & CompanyFiscal Year 2011 Northern Star Contract RenewalFiscal Year 2011 Public Safety Security Services Contract Renewaliscal Year 2011 Student Accident and Sickness Insurance Contract Renewal; Information Technology Services Hardware and Software Maintenance and Software Upgrade Contract RenewalITS Telecommunications Services IP-Based Voice Trunking ServicesNIU Outreach Multi-Year Grant Regional Health Information Extension CenterNorthern Illinois Proton Treatment and Research Center Grant AmendmentCole-Stevens Complex Capital Project ApprovalFiscal Year 2011 Student Fee Recommendation andFiscal Year 2011 Room and Board Rate RecommendationFor review and information: Quarterly Summary Report of Transactions in Excess of $100,000; Periodic Report on InvestmentsGasoline Savings Through the Use of Hybrid Vehicles - NIU Transportation Services. Possibly other matters for discussion only.)
Legislation, Audit and External Affairs Committee
(Expected to include presentation for Committee review and information: Benefit Provisions for Marital Status/Domestic Partnerships (Update); Internal Audit Update; 96th General Assembly Report; Fiscal Year 2011 State Budget Update and Congressional Report. Possibly other matters for discussion only.)
Strategic Planning Board of Trustees Workshop
President Peters, Provost Alden and the administrative leadership of the University will present the NIU strategic imperatives and will interact with the Board of Trustees on the strategic planning process in an open forum.
AGENDA FORMAT FOR COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
- VERIFICATION OF APPROPRIATE NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
- MEETING AGENDA APPROVAL
- REVIEW AND APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
- COMMITTEE CHAIR'S COMMENTS/ANNOUNCEMENTS
- PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY*
- UNIVERSITY RECOMMENDATIONS AND REPORTS
- OTHER MATTERS
- NEXT MEETING DATE
*The Board and its committees comply with P.A. 91-0715 through its Bylaws, Article II, Section 5.B:
- Consistent with Public Act 91-0715 and reasonable constraints determined by these Bylaws and the Chair, at each regular or special meeting of the Board or its committees that is open to the public, members of the public may request a brief time on the approved agenda of the meeting to address the Board on relevant matters within its jurisdiction.
- Committees of the Board review University proposals for action and make adjustments and endorsements as appropriate for further consideration by the full Board. Public comments are generally most useful at meetings of Board committees, where proposals are first considered and the time for interaction most feasible.
- To facilitate an orderly process, appearance requests must be registered on a Board-provided form and submitted to the Board’s Parliamentarian at least 45 minutes before the meeting is scheduled to be called to order. To be recognized, the appearance request will include the name, address and position of the individual wishing to speak, the name of the organization or group represented, a concise summary of the presentation, and whether the requestor has appeared earlier on the topic before any other meeting of the Board. The Parliamentarian may confer with registered speakers to cooperatively assist the Chair of the meeting in assuring coordinated issue presentation and an efficient use of allocated time. The Parliamentarian will acquaint requestors with the generally acceptable rules of decorum for their presentations. In lieu of oral presentations, individuals may present brief written materials not to exceed five (5) pages to the Parliamentarian for distribution and consideration by the Board in advance of the meeting.
- The Chair of the meeting will recognize duly registered individuals at the appropriate point during the meeting. Unduly repetitive comments may be discouraged and restricted by the Chair. To assure an orderly and timely meeting the Chair may limit time allotments to five minutes or less, may delay or defer appearances when appropriate, and defer or refer questions received from presenters for answers if available.
Public Notice Prepared by: Board of Trustees Parliamentarian
Time of Posting: Original, at least 48 hours in advance of announced Meeting
Places of Posted Meeting Notice: President's Office, Altgeld Hall 300, and Holmes Student Center