Anyone needing special accommodations to participate in the NIU Board of Trustees meetings should contact Ellen Andersen, Director of Special Events (815) 753-1999, as soon as possible, normally a week before the scheduled meeting.
Academic Affairs, Student Affairs and Personnel Committee Meeting
Finance, Facilities and Operations Committee Meeting
Legislation, Audit and External Affairs Committee Meeting
BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF NORTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY
June 5, 2008
Board of Trustees Room
315 Altgeld Hall - Northern Illinois University
Academic Affairs, Student Affairs and Personnel Committee
(Expected to include presentation of proposals for Committee review and endorsement: Recommendations for Faculty Promotions, Tenure, and Promotions with Tenure for 2008-2009 Academic Year; New Appointments; Request for a New Degree Program; Request for a New Emphasis; and 2007-2008 Program Review Summaries. For review and information: Student Success Presentation and Illinois Board of Higher Education Public Agenda Update. Possibly other matters for discussion only.)
Finance, Facilities and Operations Committee
(Expected to include presentation of proposal for Committee review and endorsement: Fiscal Year 2010 Budget Guidelines; Fiscal Year 2009 Internal Operating Budget Interim Approval; Fiscal Year 2009 Tuition Recommendations; Fiscal Year 2009 NIU Foundation Professional Services Contract; Fiscal Year 2009 Radiation Oncology Physician Services Contract Renewal; Fiscal Year 2009 Copy Paper - ITS Document Services and Materials Management; Fiscal Year 2009 Waste Management and Utilities – Solid Waste Removal and Recycling at NIU DeKalb; Fiscal Year 2009 NIU Naperville – Catering Services Contract Renewal; Fiscal Year 2009 Gasoline 10 Percent Ethanol Blend; Fiscal Year 2009 Telecommunications Services Parts and Supplies Contract Renewal; College of Engineering and Engineering Technology ROCK Program – Research and Project Development Amendment; Department of Physics Double X-Ray Mirror System; University Health Services Multiyear Medical Reagent Amendment; University Data Warehouse Implementation; and Academic Advising Center and Office of Retention Services - Relocation and Consolidation. For review and information: Quarterly Summary Report of Transactions in Excess of $100,000; Periodic Report on Investments; Semiannual Progress Report of Active Capital Projects; and Fiscal Year 2008-2009 Appropriated Budget Update. Possibly other matters for discussion only.)
Legislation, Audit and External Affairs Committee
(Expected to include presentation of proposals for Committee review and information: 95th General Assembly Report; Fiscal Year 2008-09 Higher Education Budget Update; Congressional Report; NIU Foundation Endowment Policy; Fiscal Year 2007 Financial and Compliance Audit Report; and Policy for Fraud Detection and Prevention. Possibly other matters for discussion only.)
AGENDA FORMAT FOR COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
- VERIFICATION OF APPROPRIATE NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
- MEETING AGENDA APPROVAL
- REVIEW AND APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING\
- COMMITTEE CHAIR'S COMMENTS/ANNOUNCEMENTS
- PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY*
- UNIVERSITY RECOMMENDATIONS AND REPORTS
- OTHER MATTERS
- NEXT MEETING DATE
*The Board and its committees comply with P.A. 91-0715 through its Bylaws, Article II, Section 5.B:
- Consistent with Public Act 91-0715 and reasonable constraints determined by these Bylaws and the Chair, at each regular or special meeting of the Board or its committees that is open to the public, members of the public may request a brief time on the approved agenda of the meeting to address the Board on relevant matters within its jurisdiction.
- Committees of the Board review University proposals for action and make adjustments and endorsements as appropriate for further consideration by the full Board. Public comments are generally most useful at meetings of Board committees, where proposals are first considered and the time for interaction most feasible.
- To facilitate an orderly process, appearance requests must be registered on a Board-provided form and submitted to the Board’s Parliamentarian at least 45 minutes before the meeting is scheduled to be called to order. To be recognized, the appearance request will include the name, address and position of the individual wishing to speak, the name of the organization or group represented, a concise summary of the presentation, and whether the requestor has appeared earlier on the topic before any other meeting of the Board. The Parliamentarian may confer with registered speakers to cooperatively assist the Chair of the meeting in assuring coordinated issue presentation and an efficient use of allocated time. The Parliamentarian will acquaint requestors with the generally acceptable rules of decorum for their presentations. In lieu of oral presentations, individuals may present brief written materials not to exceed five (5) pages to the Parliamentarian for distribution and consideration by the Board in advance of the meeting.
- The Chair of the meeting will recognize duly registered individuals at the appropriate point during the meeting. Unduly repetitive comments may be discouraged and restricted by the Chair. To assure an orderly and timely meeting the Chair may limit time allotments to five minutes or less, may delay or defer appearances when appropriate, and defer or refer questions received from presenters for answers if available.
Public Notice Prepared by: Board of Trustees Parliamentarian
Time of Posting: Original, at least 48 hours in advance of announced Meeting
Places of Posted Meeting Notice: President's Office, Altgeld Hall 300, and Holmes Student Center