Black Graduation Recognition Ceremony
Friday, May 11, 2018
Holmes Student Center, Sandburg Auditorium
The Center for Black Studies is proud to present the 29th annual Black Graduation recognition ceremony. The ceremony brings together the NIU community to congratulate students on their persistence, hard work and accomplishments.
- Parking on campus is limited. Please plan accordingly. The visitor parking lot rate is $5. If the visitor lot is full, a daily parking pass for the parking garage can be purchased for $5 at the visitor lot.
- The ceremony will begin promptly at 2 p.m.
- Seating in Sandburg Auditorium is limited
- Graduates should arrive at Holmes Student Center, with cap and gown, no later than 1:15 p.m.
- All graduates participating in Black Graduation are required to wear cap and gown (regalia). Please plan to pick up graduation regalia prior to Friday’s ceremony. December graduates can contact the Center for Black Studies to borrow a gap and gown.
Stoles can be ordered through the Center for Black Studies. Cost is $25 per stole. Please contact Gena Flynn to order. Multiple designs are available. All stoles must be ordered by March 16, 2018. Payment is due when ordered.
Black Graduation 2018 shirts will be ordered by the Center for Black Studies. Each shirt costs $12 and may be pre-ordered at the Center by April 6, 2018. Payment is due when ordered. If you are interested in purchasing a t-shirt, please see Gena Flynn. If you have not pre-ordered a shirt, size availability is not guaranteed.