OAS Satisfaction Survey
NIU Assessment Scholarship
Selected scholarly articles:
- Learning-oriented assessment: a technology-based case study, by M. Keppell & D.Carless
- Learning-oriented assessment: conceptual bases and practical implications, by D. Carless
- Student involvement in assessment: a project designed to assess class participation fairly and reliably, by D. Dancer & P. Kamvounias
NIU Assessment Papers and Presentations
- Boughton, D. (2004). Promoting Creativity in the Art Class through Assessment
- Buhrow, A. & Matin Poole, S. (2011, March). Organizational Culture: Psychology, attitudes, experiences, beliefs and values of an organization [Prezi slides]. Paper presented at the annual Assessment Conference of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, Atlanta, GA.
- Coller, B. An Experiment in hands-on learning in engineering mechanics: Statics.
- Coller, B. & Scott, D. Effectiveness of using a video game to teach a course in mechanical engineering.
- Coller, B. & Shernoff, D.Video game-based education in mechanical engineering: A look at student engagement.
- Douglass, C. (2008). Engagement in and Assessment of Integrative Learning. In Frontiers in Higher Education: International Conference on Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (pp. 113-117). Singapore: Centre for Development of Teaching and Learning.
- Douglass, C., Boelcke, W., & Swanson, J. (2011). Does Engagement Predict Student Success? Academic Exchange Quarterly, 15(1), 67-72.
- Douglass, C. & Swanson, A. (2008). Creating a Culture of Learning with Annual Assessment Updates
- Melin, L. & Walker, D. (2009). A Data-Driven Dispositions Model for Teacher Candidates and Program Review. Action in Teacher Education, 31(1), 58-74.
- Peters, B. (2011). Lessons about Writing to Learn from a University-High School Partnership. WritingProgram Administration, 34(Spring 2011), 59-88.
|IUPUI Assessment Institute||October||February|
|Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education||June||February|
|South Carolina Formative Assessment Conference||November||May|
|AAC&U General Education & Assessment||February||May|
|Texas A&M Assessment Conference||February||July|
|New Mexico HE Assessment & Retention Conference||Feb/June||November|
|Atlantic Assessment Conference||April||December|
|Higher Learning Commission||April||October|
|Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Conference||May||December|
|Middle States Commission on Higher Education||December||May|
|International Assessment & Retention Conference||June||November|
|NASPA Annual Conference||March||June|
|American Educational Research Association||April||November|
|American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education||February||May|
|Association for Institutional Research||June||November|
- Academic Exchange Quarterly*
- Active Learning in Higher Education*
- Applied Psychological Measurement*
- Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education*
- Assessment in Education*
- Assessment Update
- Educational Assessment*
- Educational Researcher*
- Higher Education: Handbook of Theory and Research
- Journal of Higher Education*
- Journal of Technology, Learning, and Assessment*
- Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning*
- New Directions for Institutional Research
- Practical Assessment, Research & Evaluation*
- Research in Higher Education*
- Review of Educational Research*
- Studies in Higher Education*
- The Education Forum*
- The Science Teacher