MyNIU Application Status
After submitting your application materials, you will receive an acknowledgment e-mail from NIU Admissions, typically within 72 hours of receiving your online application, or within 2 weeks of receiving a mailed application.
- The e-mail will acknowledge receipt of your application and contain information and instructions on how to access your MyNIU account. If you do not have an e-mail address, you will be mailed an application acknowledgement letter with the MyNIU instructions and procedures.
- If you access MyNIU prior to receiving your acknowledgement e-mail or letter, your information may not yet be available in the system.
- Learn how to Access MyNIU to monitor your application status and review your application status information online, from start to a final decision.
- Updates are continuously added as received, some college determinations require extensive review time, and all admissions decisions involve processing time before being posted to MyNIU. Be patient and continue to monitor your MyNIU pages for status updates through a final decision on a daily/weekly basis.
- Learn how to setup and use your NIU Student Email Account,
and you will also be able to check and monitor your official university
correspondence such as admissions decision notifications, class
schedules, Student Financial Aid notifications, and statements from the
Bursar, which are sent to NIU student e-mail accounts. University
systems such as Blackboard and announcements send their messages to your
student e-mail account too! Be in contact, set up and monitor your NIU
Student Email account!
- Applicants receiving an admission offer decision, confirm plans to attend NIU at
Next Steps/Once You Are Admitted...