Undergraduate Academic Affairs
The Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs assists the Executive Vice President and Provost in achieving the academic mission of the university. The Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs cordinates activities pertaining to the undergraduate curriculum as well as to undergraduate academic standards and admissions policies. The Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs oversees undergraduate academic support units and the preparation and editing of the undergraduate catalog. The Vice Provost also coordinates for NIU, certain state and institutional initiatives related to undergraduate education, currently including the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI), the selection committee for Presidential Teaching Professors and the Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Awards.
- Promoting student engagement through experiential learning inside and outside of the classroom.
- Increasing student success through student-centered academic support, enrichment and curricular programs.
- Promoting Progressive Learning in Undergraduate Studies (PLUS) programs.
- Improving retention and graduation rates through student-centered academic enrichment and support services.
- Baccalaureate Council (BC)
- Committee for the Improvement of the Undergraduate Academic Experience (CIUAE)
- Council of Deans
- General Education Committee (GEC)
- Honors Committee (HC)
- University Committee on Advanced Non-Teaching Educator License Programs (UCANELP)
- University Committee on Initial Educator Licensure (UCIEL)
Contact UsOffice of Undergraduate Academic Affairs
Altgeld Hall 215