Contact: NIU Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic
October 16, 2008
Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic invites
community members to participate in research
DeKalb — Northern Illinois University’s Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic, now housed in the NIU Family Health, Wellness and Literacy Center at 3100 Sycamore Road, invites the community to schedule evaluations or participate in research projects.
Certified and licensed audiologists and speech-language pathologists provide speech, language and hearing evaluations as well as clinical intervention. For general information about the clinic or to schedule an evaluation, call (815) 753-1481.
In addition to providing clinical services, a variety of research programs are ongoing. Members of the community are welcome to contact individual faculty if interested in participating in a research project or would like more information about a specific area of study.
The clinic is part of the NIU College of Health and Human Sciences.
- King Chung investigates signal processing technologies to enhance hearing aids, cochlear implants and hearing protectors. She can be reached by phone at (815) 753-1484 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Tina Grieco-Calub studies the development of auditory and language skills in young children with or without hearing loss. She can be reached by phone at (815) 752-8389 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kristy Riley studies vocabulary development in children with and without hearing loss. She can be reached by phone at (815) 753-6510 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Janet Olson studies early communication development in infants and toddlers. She can be reached by phone at (815) 753-1401 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sherrill Morris studies speech sound development in toddlers. She can be reached by phone at (815) 753-5472 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Jamie Mayer studies memory and language changes in individuals after a stroke. She can be reached by phone at (815) 753-9166 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #