Learn to access MYNIU to monitor the status of your application through a final decision, and to confirm your intent to enroll on receiving an admissions offer.
Only admitted and confirmed new students may make a reservation for a new student Orientation program for initial college academic advisement and class registration, once the reservation period for the admitted semester opens, as announced by the Orientation Office.
Post Baccalaureate students who have not previously attended NIU as an undergraduate student must attend new student Orientation in order to register for classes. Guest/Visiting students are not required to attend new student orientation, but may do so if desired.
See your MyNIU "To Do" list for the confirmation instructions on receiving an admissions offer.
- Admitted students access MyNIU to confirm.
- After Log In, click on "Self Service".
- Next click on "Student Admission".
- Then click "Accept Admission" to choose "accept or decline" of the admissions offer.
- Click "Accept" to confirm intent to enroll at NIU.