To Report Any Police, Fire, or Medical Emergency,
- DIAL 911. Please note: Cellular 911 calls may not always be routed to the NIU Police due to cellular tower 911 configurations.
- Stay on the line with the dispatcher.
- Provide the address of the building involved and your exact location. This is especially critical if you are calling from a cell phone.
- Provide a thorough description of the incident and individuals involved such as clothing, height, weight and direction of travel to ensure proper resources are dispatched.
- Do not hang up until the dispatcher tells you to do so.
Important Phone Numbers
|University Police Non-Emergency Number:||(815) 753-1212|
|Health Services:||(815) 753-1311|
|Counseling & Student Development:||(815) 753-1206|
|Employee Assistance Program:||(815) 753-9191|
|Human Resource Services:||(815) 753-6000|
|Huskie Student Patrol:||(815) 753-9658|
|Building Services for utility outages:||(815) 753-1147 from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
(815) 753-1151 at other times
January 30, 2016
January 20, 2016
Off-Campus Attempted Armed Robbery
January 19, 2016
Off-Campus Home Invasion